Monday, June 30, 2014

My final week in Montpellier!

Alors, ma dernière semaine commence. Il a été un intéressant 3 mois! J'ai beaucoup à réfléchir sur. cassée ma tête!

Now to just fit 3 months of shopping back into my suitcase!

I have really enjoyed my time here in Montpellier. I have met many interesting people in all stages of life. We all have the same goal, to try to make sense of the French Language! Never easy! While the pedagogy seems weird to me, I have learnt plenty of French, some not repeatable here. I have really enjoyed looking around this part of France and every weekend has been something new to look at, a new place to see! I think it is important as teachers to put ourselves into situations where we DON'T know stuff to gain real understanding of how much of a struggle it is to learn. How quickly your brain turns off when you have little comprehension of the task. A very humbling experience for any teacher.

The people I've met along this journey have been amazing, Therese, from my time in France in 2009 to us on a magical journey through the mountains to view some of the most beautiful landscapes I have ever seen!


I have enjoyed keeping in touch with my class in New Zealand, what a great time I had talking to them on Skype, they grow so fast! I've had many emails from my class, and a whole bunch of letters, which I showed everyone who would look. I have purchased so many resources, games and carambars!

So, onwards and upwards, over the next month I get to spend time with Kelvin, Kelsey and Marc, looking around the north of France and going to Venice. A little relaxation before I venture South for the winter.

 Thanks to Prue, AFS NZ and Maeroa Intermediate for the opportunities I have had here in France. Learning is NEVER wasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment