Tuesday, April 15, 2014

aujourd'hui à montpellier

Today was a little freaky...the realisation I'm in France for the next 12 weeks seemed too huge to think about so after class I walked, and walked and walked...
 It's pretty hot here, but the people are in jeans and jackets still! It's easy to spot the tourists in their summer clothes. Daniele, my host, says this is NOT hot and to wait until June and July! Oh....

I have managed to purchase some things so won't starve! Today for lunch I got 'pain muesli' and du fromage...

There are lots of beggars around so I have to be careful of not looking at them or you can't get them to leave you alone.

At the apartment of my host, Daniele there are 8 young students, so I'm happy to not be in the same place as them! My apartment is just around the corner from the main home of Daniele. I'm not sure but I think she owns a few different apartments? 

Dinner time is kinda funny, no English allowed, it is quite quiet with just everyone eating. Awkward! I would imagine over time we will all speak French to some extent and be able to communicate. A challenge! 

2 comments:

  1. haha I can just imagine everyone sitting silently eating wondering when they could be able to speak English ! XD -Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Elise, usually when Daniele, the host person leaves the room for some more food. Its quick and sneaky! LOL
    One of the young boys is from Mexico, he LOVES Lord of the Rings and he even has Hobbit feet and the ring! He thinks I'm so lucky to be living not far from Hobbiton! Weird eh!

    ReplyDelete