Sunday, April 20, 2014

Week-end de Pâques à Nancy

This weekend I've been on a big adventure from Montpellier to Nancy on the fast train. One of my goals for the scholarship was to have the courage to get on a train and go somewhere.

 To be fair, it kind of freaked me out, especially 1/2 way through the journey when the train announcement said next stop Strasbourg, which was the OTHER train that was attached to the one I was on! Slight panic attack occurred! Apparently according to a kind gentleman, it was a mistake! PHEW! 

So, I have spend a lovely few days in Nancy, we had lunch with family and I have learnt lots of things about the history of the area! 

I have also been practicing j'ai, tu as, il a, nous avons, vous avez, ils ont ( avoir, to have) and je suis, tu es, il est, nous sommes, vous etes, ils sont (etre, to be) 

So, I have been immersed in French culture today and have discovered the pleasures of a long Easter lunch and 'family French vocab'
We also spent time trying to read a French newspaper, it was kind of cool to be able to understand the article from interpreting the headline! Not that I agree with the story though! Pfft 






3 comments:

  1. Miss looks like you've had a good time sight seeing ! Lol every thing looks soo interesting .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting Keana, but its a long way from home!...This week I have goals of going to the laundromat, finding the museum and learning more useful french!

    ReplyDelete